Provide leadership in assuring quality and in stimulating innovation in technical education and vocational training sector in the State in its way through vigorous pursuits of industry-academia interface and achieving excellence in the delivery of technical education and training and the resulting output.
- Serve the public through the promotion and advancement of Technical Education and vocational Training, establish and operationalize policies, regulations and procedures for setting and maintaining standards and quality of technical education and Government on the strategic development of the sector:
- Upgrade technical institutes into Centers of Excellence of world standard through user friendly course curricula
- Promote quality and innovation in technical education and training sector.
- Assist technical institutions to achieve and maintain high quality of education and training;
- Consult and assist in the development and advancement of technical education and vocational training in the State in a financially self-sustaining manner.
- Anticipate and prepare for the changing environment and the future needs in the pursuits of technological advancements.
- Manage the operations and resources to be effective and fiscally responsible.
- Substantial growth of technical education and training sector with quality to match the national average.