Achievement Report for the year, 2009-2010 up to 30-04-2010:
Degree Level Engineering Education:
- U.C.E., Burla has, been converted to the status of Unitary University and started functioning as Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Burla.
- A High Power Committee was formed by Government and the Committee has chalked out a Plan for enhancing Quality in Technical Education.
- 02 new Government Engineering Colleges viz: PMEC, Berhampur and GEC, Kalahandi have been established.
- 27 new Engineering Colleges have been established in the Private Sector.
- Up gradation of CET, Bhubaneswar, VSSUT, Burla, OSME, Keonjhar and IGIT, Sarang through World Bank assisted TEQIP-II has been expedited with Gol/MHRD for financial assistance under CSP Scheme.
- Government in Industries Department have constituted State Project Facilitation Unit at the Directorate during March 2010 to facilitate smooth implementation and monitoring TEQIP-II in the State.
Diploma Level Technician Education:
- Steps taken to conduct DET-2010 and JEE-2010 adopting online submission of application forms, e-counseling, e-admission/e-Registration.
- 28 new Diploma Engineering institutions have been established in the Private Sector.
- New courses in Industrial Safety and Mechatronics have been introduced.
- Establishment of 22 new Government Polytechnics processed in 22 uncovered districts of the State under the scheme of admission of Polytechnics under Co-ordinated Action for Skill Development of Gol/MHRD at three phases viz: Phase-I: Gajapati (2) Boudh (3) Sambalpur (4) Malkangiri Phase-11: (5) Deogarh (6) Nabarangpur (7) Jajpur (8) Nayagarh (9) Kalahandi (lo) Nuapada (11) Soepur (12) Kendrapara (13) Jagatsinghpur (14) Puri Phase-Ill: (15) Angul (16) Bolangir (17)Mayurbhanj (18) Bargarh (19) Koraput (20) Bhadrak (21) Balasore and (22) Kandhamal.
- Government of India MHRD have released total amount of Rs 64.00Cr under the scheme as first installment for all the 22 Polytechnic and 2nd installment for Polytechnic Gajapati, Malkangiri, Sonepur & Boudh for infrastructure development.
- Financial assistances have been received towards infrastructure development and Women Hostels of 13 numbers of existing Government Polytechnics under the scheme of Submission of Polytechnics under Co-ordinate Action for Skill Development of Gol/MHRD.
- Steps have been taken for extension of AlCTE approval in respect of DMLT/DMRT/Diploma Courses in three Government Medical Colleges, Government and Private Polytechnics of the State.
- 201 new seats have been located for Diploma Holders for apprenticeship Training Programme.
- Community Development Scheme through short term training to unemployed youth in demand driven trades has been started in existing Government Polytechnics.
- Branch wise Diploma toppers were felicitated on Independence Day function at their respective District headquarters.
Certificate Level Training:
- 88 new Industrial Training Centres (ITC) have been established in the Private Sector reducing the unrepresented Blocks from 132 to 91.
- Additional 05 numbers of lTls namely, ITI, Dhenkanal, ITI, Malkangiri, ITI, Bargarh, ITI, Boudh and ITI, Anandapur have been upgraded through PPP mode under the Scheme "Upgradation of 1396 Government lTls through PPP" and received interest free loan @ Rs.2.50 Crore each from Gol/MOLE.
- Centre of Excellence (CoE) have been successfully implemented in 7numbers of Government ITls. Further, 4 lTls namely, ITI, Phulbani, ITI, Ambaguda, ITI, Bhubaneswar & ITI, Bolangir have been upgraded to CoE during 2009-10 with financial assistance of Gol/MoLE.
- Gol/MoLE has considered establishment of Instructor's Training Wing at ITI, Talcher under World Bank assisted Vocational Training Improvement project and sanctioned Rs. 350.00 lakhs under CSP Scheme "Upgradation of lTls into Centres of Excellence" on 31-03-2010 and, released Rs. 178.20 lakhs as 1'' installment
- 65 Industries have been requested to set-up Quality Residential. it is in 96 Blocks of the State. 27 industries have been shown interest to establish ITCs.
- 91 IT1 for 415 SDCs have been allotted by Gol/MOLE for the State to be established in PPP mode in unserved Blocksf Gram Panchayats under Koushal Vikash Yojana.
- 196 numbers of Institutes have been registered as VTP for implementation of Modular Employable Skill Training and 130 more have been recommended to RDAT, Hyderabad for VTP registration.
- Gol has-been moved with proposal for financial assistance for Rs1116.00Cr. towards establishment of 186 numbers of lTls in 18 numbers of LWE affected districts of the State.
- Government of India, Ministry of Tourism has considered implementation of Hospitality Sector Training at ITI, Puri and sanctioned. 150.00 lakhs towards infrastructure support and purchase of equipment5 and released installment of Rs.10.00 lakhs on 31-03-2010. New ITI, Rayagada and Sonepur have been established under RLTAP for KBK district.
- Trade wise toppers have been felicitated on Republic Day ceremony at their respective District headquarters.
- Skill up gradation Training has been implemented in different ITls/lTCs, Polytechnics and Engineering Colleges, jointly organized by DTE&T, Orissa and State Employment Mission, with a target of 16,000 in 30 demand driven trades in 301 institutions.
Increase in intake capacity of various Institutions:
|Type of Institution||Intake during 2008-09||Enhanced intake 2009-10|
|Government Engineering Colleges||1120||2050|
|Private Engineering Colleges||19490||28950|
|Govt. Engg. Schools/Polytechnics||2665||2705|
|Private Engg. Schools/polytechnics||13190||21430|
Automation of activities of S.C.T.E. & V.T., Orissa:
The State Council for Technical Education & Vocational Training, Orissa, Bhubaneswar has hosted its own website www.sctevtorissa In and to publish the results early and to provide various Student Support Services related to examination, it has developed new software and implemented it.